Here’s all you need to know about getting your e-PAN: the electronic and digital version of your PAN card.
A PAN or Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique identification number that is assigned to every tax paying citizen of India. A PAN Card is essential for all tax-paying entities, such as individuals, companies, local authorities etc.
Your PAN Card records all your transactions, making it easier for the government to track all your investments and transactions, and compile all tax-related information for each PAN card holder. Every person with a business or profession with total sale, turnover, or gross receipts likely to exceed Rs. 5 lakhs in any previous year has to obtain a PAN Card.
e-PAN is nothing but your digitally-signed PAN Card that the Income Tax department issues in an electronic or digital format. It has a QR code that possesses your demographic details such as name, date of birth and photograph. One can access these details via a QR code reader. PAN Cardholders who possess a valid Aadhaar number and have their mobile number registered with Aadhaar can avail an e-PAN free of cost. The allotment process is paperless too.
Additional Reading: Do You Know These New PAN Card Rules That Came Into Effect In December?
It is now possible to get your PAN Card instantly through Aadhaar-based eKYC. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Visit the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department and provide your valid Aadhaar number.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
- When you complete this process successfully, a 15-digit acknowledgement number will be generated.
- You can check the status of your application anytime by providing your valid Aadhaar number. Once your PAN is successfully allotted, you can download your e-PAN.
- You will receive your e-PAN on your email ID if it’s registered with Aadhaar.
Additional Reading: How To Make Changes To Your PAN Card
See how easy that was? If you’re in need of urgent cash during these times, getting a Credit Card or Personal Loan from your home is as easy via a 100% online, contactless process. Hit the button below to explore your options.
Looking for something more?
Copyright reserved © 2020 A & A Dukaan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.